Panama Papers: Amitabh Bachchan denies links - Showbiz English News | DaddyFile

0
Date: 5/4/2016

NEW DELHI: Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan has said that he has nothing to do with the companies he is being linked to in Panama Papers leak.
According to IBNLive, Amitabh says his name may have been misused.
"I don't know any of the companies referred to by the media, and I have never been a director of any of those companies. It is possible that my name may have been misused," the Big B said in response to reports claiming he has secretly saved money in tax havens.
He said: "I have paid all my taxes including on monies spent by me overseas. Monies that I have remitted overseas have been in compliance with law, including remittances through LRS, after paying Indian taxes. In any event the news report in Indian Express does not even suggest any illegality on my part."
The Bollywood star’s denial comes one day after newspapers reported that his name figured in a list of clients of the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca which helps set up companies for them in offshore tax havens.
Bachchan’s daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, whose name also came up in the Panama Papers leak, has already denied involvement. Her media advisor termed the leaks ‘totally untrue and false’.


News categories:

Pakistan News International News
Showbiz News Sport News
Business News Amazing News

Post a Comment

 
Top