Shahid Afridi relinquishes captaincy after WorldT20 debacle - Sport English News | DaddyFile

0
Date: 3/4/2016

KARACHI: Pakistan’s flamboyant all-rounder and T20 captain Shahid Khan Afridi on Sunday announced to relinquish the captaincy after facing severe criticism for failures in Asia Cup and World T20.
“Today I wish to inform my fans in Pakistan and all over the world that I am relinquishing the captaincy of the T20 Pakistani team of my own volition,” Afridi said in a statement issued on his social media accounts.
Thanking Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Sharyar Khan for giving him the chance to lead the team,  Afridi said he intends to represent Pakistan in the future as a player and would continue playing league cricket.
“I would also like to inform that InshaAllah I intend to continue to play the game for my country and league cricket etc…and request my fans for kindly keep praying and supporting me for my best future performances for Pakistan (as a player) and in all other arenas of the game, world over,” he said in the statement.


News categories:

Pakistan News International News
Showbiz News Sport News
Business News Amazing News

Post a Comment

 
Top