Amir Khan knocked out by Alvarez in WBC middleweight fight - Sport English News | DaddyFile

0
Date: 8/5/2016

LAS VEGAS: Amir Khan's gamble to win the world middleweight title by stepping up two weight divisions ended in the dust of the Mojave desert in defeat as he was brutally knocked out by WBC champion Saul Alvarez in the sixth round.
The 29-year-old made a promising start, using his speed and a smart elusiveness as he appeared to build an early lead. However, Khan did not have enough power to trouble the Mexican who began to load up with his power shots from round four onwards.
Two of the judges had Khan behind when he was felled by the long powerful right hand of the Mexican.
This was Khan's fourth defeat in his 35th fight. Alvarez moved to 47-1-1.
Khan was taken to hospital for "precautionary measures" according to promoter Oscar De La Hoya, but tweeted from the ambulance that he was "ok".
"I'm a natural 147 (pounds) fighter, but this challenge came and it was very hard to turn down," Khan said. "I want to be the best, I want to fight the best and that's why I took this fight.
"I was unfortunate that I didn't make it to the end, but I tried my best and I want to say thank you for the support. But I will probably go down to 147 now."
Khan's British rival Kell Brook tweeted soon after the content that he was ready to defend his world welterweight title against Khan.


News categories:

Pakistan News International News
Showbiz News Sport News
Business News Amazing News

Post a Comment

 
Top